A Guyanese comfort food this will warm your bones on those chilly evenings.
- 2 lbs stewing steak or brisket
- 2 cow's heels (optional: it will make it gooey)
- 2 lbs ox tail
- 1 cup cassareep (If you're not in Guyana you prob won't find this, so just subsitute with molasis)
- 2 red hot pepper (For best flavor use Wiri Wiri or Scotch Bonnet)
- 1 in x 1 in stick cinnamon
- 3 heads clove
- 2 oz. sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 stalks basil
- 1 bunch fine thyme
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 c Caribbean Hot Sauce
- Clean the meat thoroughly.
- Put the heel in covered pan with water to boil.
- When half tender add other meat and hot water to cover cook in hig for 15 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer until meat is tender. Add remaining ingredients.
- Adjust flavor with salt and sugar
- Simmer gently for about one hour until meats are tender and sauce is relatively thick
Caribbean Hot Sauce http://caribbeanhotsauce.com/