Marinade: Spicy Steak Pt II
Here's a great recipe for that next time you're grilling outside.
- 2 teaspoon Caribbean Heat Pepper sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can canned mushroom slices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Combine all ingredients (if not using right away, be sure to chill).
- Note: You can adjust many of the ingredients to taste, i.e. more or less garlic (always more for me), more or less pepper sauce, onion etc.
- I like to mix the marinade in a large plastic freezer bag and then I add 4 boneless NY Strips (the bag method works best with boneless steaks).
- I let the steaks marinade (the longer the better) turning the bag over several times.
- And to me, steaks should never be cooked more than medium, I personally am a rare to mid-rare person but for best flavor they should never be cooked more than medium.
- Lastly, once I remove the steaks I simmer the remaining marinade and serve it separately as a steak sauce.
Caribbean Hot Sauce http://caribbeanhotsauce.com/