Caribbean Potato Curry
It's an excellent dish as a side or an entree!
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped bok choy
- 1 plantains, peeled and broken into chunks
- 4 Tbsp Caribbean Hot Sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- salt to taste
- Mix cumin, turmeric, allspice, and curry powder together in a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook and stir ginger and cumin mixture in the hot oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir onion and garlic into the ginger mixture; cook and stir until the onion is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. potatoes; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes. Mix red bell pepper, broccoli, bok choy, and plantains into the the potato mixture. Pour enough water into the skillet to reach about half-full.
- Cover skillet and cook the mixture at a simmer until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with salt.
- As a vegetarian dish, you always have the option to add fish, tofu, chicken or goat!
Caribbean Hot Sauce http://caribbeanhotsauce.com/